What is online learning?
Get the education you want, from anywhere in the world, on your own schedule.
Online learning is when you take courses online instead of in a physical classroom. If your schedule makes it hard to attend classes, if you prefer studying at your own pace or if you live far from campus, online learning might be for you.
With online learning, you can:
- earn a diploma without setting foot in a physical classroom,
- work full-time while you study,
- set your own schedule: study in the early morning, on your lunch break, or even the middle of the night,
- interact with students around the world,
- get a quality education without leaving your home community.
How is online learning different from traditional learning?
In many ways, it’s not: online courses are just as educational and robust as their classroom counterparts.
The biggest difference between online and face-to-face learning is that online students can study from anywhere, and at any time.
In a classroom setting, both the instructors and the students have to be available in the same place at the same time. But everyone involved in an online course has the freedom to work at the time and place that best suits them.